Today I`ve decided to showcase famous google doodles that were presented during 13 years and are dedicated to anniversaries and birthdays of famous people and famous inventions. I suppose that this collection is a good source of inspiration for those who can briefly illustrate events and, of course, for other talented people.
5. Freddie Mercury’s 65th Birthday. He was a British musician, singer and songwriter, best known as the lead vocalist of the rock band Queen.
6. 450th Anniversary of St. Basil’s
7. 120th Birthday of Mikhail Bulgakov – (Russia) He was a Soviet Russian writer and playwright active in the first half of the 20th century. He is best known for his novel The Master and Margarita, which The Times of London has called one of the masterpieces of the 20th century
13. Cezanne’s 172nd Birthday. He was a French artist and Post-Impressionist painter whose work laid the foundations of the transition from the 19th century conception of artistic endeavour to a new and radically different world of art in the 20th century.
14. Bruce Lee’s 70th Birthday. He was a Chinese American, Hong Kong actor, martial arts instructor,philosopher, film director, film producer, screenwriter, and founder of the Jeet Kune
15. Robert Louis Stevenson’s 160th Birthday. He was a Scottish novelist, poet, essayist and travel writer.
16. 2500 years from the first Marathon
17. John Lennon’s 70th Birthday
18. Agatha Christie’s 120th Birthday. She was a British crime writer of novels, short stories, and plays.
38. 1000 Years of The Tale of Genji – (Japan) It is a classic work of Japanese literature attributed to the Japanese noblewoman Murasaki Shikibu in the early 11th century, around the peak of the Heian period.
39. 50th Anniversary of Nasa. It is an executive branch agency of the United States government, responsible for the nation’s civilian space program and aeronautics and aerospace research.
40. Diego Velázquez’s Birthday. He was a Spanish painter who was the leading artist in the court of King Philip IV.
41. Invention of the First Laser
42. 50th Anniversary of the LEGO Brick (Jan 28, 1958)
43. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s Birthday. He was a Scottish physician and writer, most noted for his stories about the detective Sherlock Holmes, generally considered a milestone in the field of crime fiction, and for the adventures of Professor Challenger.
44. Percival Lowell’s Birthday. He was a businessman, author, mathematician, and astronomer who fueled speculation that there were canals on Mars.
45. Mozart’s Birthday. He was a prolific and influential composer of the Classical era. He composed over 600 works.
46. Louis Braille’s Birthday. He was the inventor of braille, a system of reading and writing used by people who are blind or visually impaired.
47. Leonardo Da Vinci’s Birthday. He was an Italian Renaissance polymath: painter, sculptor, architect, musician, scientist, mathematician, engineer, inventor, anatomist, geologist, cartographer, botanist and writer whose genius, perhaps more than that of any other figure, epitomized the Renaissance humanist ideal.
48. Vincent Van Gogh’s Birthday. He was a Dutch post-Impressionist painter whose work, notable for its rough beauty, emotional honesty, and bold color, had a far-reaching influence on 20th-century art
49. 100th Anniversary of Flight
50. MC Escher’s Birthday. He was a Dutch graphic artist. He is known for his often mathematically inspired woodcuts, lithographs, and mezzotints.
51. 50th Anniversary of Understanding DNA (Apr 25, 1953 )
52. Albert Einstein’s Birthday. He was a German-born theoretical physicist who developed the theory of general relativity, effecting a revolution in physics.Main sources are
Mobile weather apps are very popular, since they can easily decorate any mobile screen, providing owners with valuable up-to-date information. A great deal of designers recreate forecast that instantly fascinates…