In winter, there are a great amount of different occupations: skiing, snowboarding, skating, snow wars and,of course, ice and snow sculpturing. Ice sculpture is a masterpiece made from ice. Due to their limited lifetime sculptures are generally associated with special events such as weddings, birthdays, anniversarys, festivals etc. Talented sculptor can make almost any shape from ice, begining with swah and ending with real castle. Throughout the world you can find several ice festivals, hosting competitions of ice sculpture carving. Today we show you best ice sculptures that was made last year.
World Ice Championship in Alaska is hosting the largest annual ice art competition in the world, involving more than 70 teams.
Ice sculptures made from multi-block.
1. Saltwater Safari (Artists’ Choice Award, Governor’s Award)
2. Winds of Alaska (Artists’ Choice Award)
3. BLBLBLBL (Poland, runner-up)4. Attacking Claws (Japan, also 2d place)
5. Kelly’s Whitewater Park (USA)
6. Moses: The Birth of Freedom (Monoco and USA)
7. Competition in the Field (China)
8. Child Protective Services (USA)
9. There’s No Place Like Om (USA and Mexico)Made from single block
1.Olympic Flame (The winner, Ohio)
Another amazing ice sculptures from Fairbanks, Alaska
2. Blue Ring Octopus (winner, single block, Cat. Realistic )
Harbin Ice And Snow Sculpture Festival in China. This annual event, now in its 27th year, pulls crowds from across China and abroad.
8. An icy version of the ruins of St. Paul.
Small ice sculptures from different ice-sculpturing studios.