Maintain and build your brand is one of the most important and heaviest tasks. A habitual corporate identity includes not only logo and brand color scheme, it also comprises business cards, flyers, posters, stationary and much more. It covers many aspects of good business presentation that will help explain who you are, how you can help society and what kind of services you offer. In the world of severe competition it is an integral element of any agency or company.
Top Reasons Why Brand Identity is Important
Brand identity is an opportunity to tell a story about your company, product, and you. People are waiting for this story to be told in a pleasant, entertaining, and valuable for them way. It is imperative to meet these expectations since, according to current statistics:
- Almost 90% of customers say that authenticity is a crucial factor when deciding what brand to choose. Therefore, if you want to connect with your audience on a deeper level, you need to ensure your brand is original and genuine
- More than 80% of customers say that they make buying decisions based on their trust in the company. This is true across different global markets, different ages, and also across different income groups. Proper brand identity improves credibility and makes the brand trustworthy.
- Almost everyone agrees that first impression still matters. It just takes 0.05 seconds to make it. The brand identity stands behind the success of this mission.
- Consistent presentation of a brand increase revenue by more than 30%.
As you can see from the recent studies, whether you have a platform target at students like Studentshare or a multinational digital store that considers the entire World its target market like Amazon, brand identity is essential. Still, have doubts? Let’s walk through the top reasons why it is so crucial for any business out there.
Brand Identity Communicates your Personality
Personality underlies the success of every brand. When it is strong and unique, it promotes the company and its values, making people a part of an inner circle. It evokes specific feelings that may tug user’s heartstrings and compel them to cooperate with you. It effectively conveys the message that you want to deliver to the target market as well as helps to achieve your goals.
Brand Identity Reminds about your Company
Brand identity produces the long-lasting impression that helps to position your brand appropriately. It is one of those instruments that ensure people not just efficiently single out your company from the crowd but also remember about your brand over time. The more places your brand is featured, the more memorable it will be, and the more chances you will have to convert prospects into leads and leads into buys.
Brand Identity Turns Users into Company’s Evangelists
As we have already said, people buying decisions are primarily influenced by their level of trust in the company. One of the time-proven ways to build this trust and ensure its credibility level is high is to create a strong brand identity.
By making a connection between a product and the company, you ensure loyalty and turn regular users into brand evangelists.
More so, according to stats, it is much cheaper to convert existent users who trust your company rather than onboard new ones and try to persuade them.
To sum up.
As you can see, developing a cohesive and professional brand identity that is memorable and authentic is crucial for any sphere and any business, whether it is a nonprofit blog that you read every day, a small startup that helps to rewrite my paper occasionally, or huge commercial conglomerate that provides you with all sorts of products starting with food and ending with electronics.
With a strong brand identity in the customer’s mind, you are positioned as the better quality that will allow you to pull off some marketing tricks to generate traffic, increase conversions, and of course, rank in cash.
What is Brand Identity?
Brand identity is a general term that covers numerous spheres and can be found in every niche. For example, the logotype in your website, official startup colors in mobile application, and even CEO signature in the email newsletter are considered brand identity. However, one that we are interested in today is a brand identity that promotes your business through tangible elements that aim to be recognizable, differentiated, and accessible.
Basically, it is any visual element that is used to advocate your brand in both the online and offline worlds to which some aspects of a company’s identity were applied. This results in a wide variety of marketing materials that include:
- Digital newsletters;
- Business cards;
- Product packaging;
- Stationery (e.g., pencils, notebooks, etc.);
- Print materials (e.g., brochures, reports, flyers, etc.);
- Apparel (e.g., T-shirts, caps, hoodies, etc.);
- Complementary elements like cups, flash drivers, etc.
How to Nail Brand Identity?
Creating a brand identity that rocks and achieves all its primary goals can be challenging. However, if you break the process into stages and try to nail each one, you will undoubtedly get the best result ever. Therefore, follow this simple 4-step routine:
- Understand what your brand stands for. To avoid confusion and misinterpretation of your company or product, it is vital to have a clear mission statement. What are you up to? Who are you? Why does your company exist? Answer these simple questions to understand better how to create an emotional connection with your clients to tug their heartstrings and win them over. Embody your message, including everything your brand touches.
- Conduct Marketing Research. This will help to understand how to visually differentiate your brand from the others and at the same time what colors or elements to use to meet the expectations of your target market.
- Create a Strategy. Before jumping into design thing, it is vital to create a thorough strategy. Begin with defining your brand with some adjectives: they will stand behind your brand identity’s emotional constituent. Are you bold? Are you daring? Are you modest? Are you young? Also, it is crucial to define the goal and mission of your brand identity. Here, you need to determine the target market since it will give you insights on what to use. Remember, color psychology, tone, the overall atmosphere, and even language may drastically influence the decision-making process.
- Design brand identity. Well, the time has come to have some fun. Address this issue to the designer since only he or she or even the entire team will know how to put all pieces together and bring them to life. Elements of brand identity that require your meticulous attention and a specific budget are:
These three basic units should be present in popular and even not-so-popular marketing materials. You can also add to this slogan, mascot, and brand background.
To get some hints on how your brand identity should look like, check out our collection. We have gathered 40 awe-inspiring examples of corporate identity mockups that will fascinate you by means of flawless execution, unconventional coloring and unique approach.
Also, check out our collection of free brand identity mockups and templates.
38. Gifts Workshop